|Program||Start Date||End Date*||Applications due|
|* Variations in clinical/field shift scheduling and individual student progress may extend program completion beyond these dates for some students.|
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: The University of California requires all students to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster dose, to access University facilities and programs. Students who cannot provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination may experience delays in clinical or field placement, extended completion times and the inability to meet course requirements for certification. Limited allowance for medical and religious exemption is reviewed with supporting documentation.
From 11/1 to 3/31, UCLA Center for Prehospital Care students must be in compliance with the LA County Public Health order for all persons in patient care settings to have the flu vaccine. Students who cannot provide proof of flu vaccination may experience delays in clinical or field placement, extended completion times or the inability to meet all course requirements for certification.
Application Process: The application process for a course typically begins 5 to 6 months prior to the course start date and can be daunting but don’t worry, we are here for you. Below is a guide on the application process. Additionally, we are available for your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (310) 680-1100.
Attend any of our Free Paramedic Program Student Information Sessions to learn how to be a great applicant, meet the faculty, learn about financing options, and more!
Step 1: Start an application
There is no cost to begin your application, but the $50 application fee will be required when you submit the application. Documents you'll need to submit along with the application are listed below:
Application Materials: You will need to upload the following documents with your online application. These must be received by the application due date. Specific instructions are in the online application.
- Copy of high school diploma
- Copy of your valid driver’s license or ID card
- Copy of your current CPR card
- Copy of your current California EMT certification
- Copies of any prehospital and/or EMS education certifications that you have (e.g., PHTLS, AMLS, EMS Safety, etc.)
- Any documents/letters verifying your teaching, leadership, or volunteer experiences (i.e. Eagle Scout, BLS Instructor, Volunteer Firefighter, etc)
We encourage you to attend one of our free Paramedic information sessions to learn how to be a great applicant, meet the faculty, receive information about the program structure, costs, financing, ADA accommodations, and more!
Step 2: Take the Entrance Exam
You must pass the Entrance Exam with at least 70% in each section before you can submit your application. You can find more information about the Entrance Exam on our Entrance Exam page.
Step 3: Submit your application
When you are ready to submit your application, you will be able to pay the $50 application fee with a credit or debit card. Incomplete applications will not be considered for the program.
Within a few weeks after the application submittal deadline, you will be notified of one of the following:
- You are offered a seat in the class. You will receive information regarding program costs, scholarship opportunities, and orientation
- You are currently on a waitlist for a seat in the class if one becomes available. You will be notified of seat availability status no later than one month prior to the start of the program.
- Seats are not available in the class or on the waitlist. Our notification includes information and deadlines for upcoming available programs. Remember that you can visit with us to learn more about how to improve your future application.
Step 4: Take Paramedic Prep
All UCLA Paramedic students must complete our Paramedic Preparation course before the start date of your paramedic program. To be accepted into the program, you need to have taken the course within one year prior to the program start date.