- Dates & Application
- Course Details
- Entrance Exam
- Eligibility & Preparation
- Take us for a test drive!
- Costs & Budgeting
- Federal Financial Aid
- National Registry Skills Exam
- National Registry Skills Exam Preparation
- National Registry Skills Re-test
* Variations in clinical/field shift scheduling and individual student progress may extend program completion beyond these dates for some students.
Part-Time/Hybrid program format: The 2014 Part-Time/Hybrid program started in July, and will complete in June, 2015. Dates for 2015 have not been announced.
Application Process: The application process for a course typically begins 5 to 6 months prior to the course start date. The first step is to take the entrance exam, which you must complete before the application deadline.
You may begin your online application at any time, before or after your entrance exam. There is no cost to begin your application, but the $50 application fee will be required when you submit the application. Documents you'll need to submit along with the application are listed below.
For classes beginning in May 2015 and thereafter, you must complete our Paramedic Preparation program before the start date of your Paramedic program (and preferably before your oral application review).
If you take and pass the entrance exam, submit a complete application packet by the designated deadline (and meet the minimal requirements) you will be notified by e-mail of one of the following:
- Your meeting (date and time) with our faculty to discuss your application and qualifications.
- That your application was not selected for a meeting with the faculty for an in-person application review. You can visit with us to learn more about how to improve your future application and test scores!
If you attend the oral application review, you will typically be notified of your status in the program within 30 to 60 days prior to the start of the program. Possible notifications include:
- That you are accepted! You will get your precourse packet and tuition payment deadline.
- That you have not been accepted, but that we would like to place your name on our list of alternate candidates. If you are placed on the alternate list, we will give you a date by which we will notify you of your final status for the program.
- That you have not been accepted. Our notification includes specific instructions and deadlines on how to apply to upcoming available programs. Remember that you can visit with us to learn more about how to improve your future application.
Early Decision: If you would like your application considered for early decision, submit the application by the deadline for the course preceding your desired course. Your application will be reviewed, and any interviews conducted, at the same time as the applications for the earlier course.You can indicate this on your online application by choosing the appropriate dates in the "Course Dates" box on the front page of the application.
Application Materials: You will need to upload the following documents with your online application. These must be received by the application due date. Specific instructions are given in the online application.
- Copy of high school diploma or transcripts (even if you have a degree)
- Official college transcripts; copy of your college diploma (if you have a degree)
- Copy of your valid state driver’s license or state ID card
- Copy of your current CPR card
- Copy of your California EMT certification
- Copies of all prehospital and/or EMS education certifications that you have (e.g., Paramedic Prep, PHTLS, ACLS Prep, ACLS, PALS, STEMI/12-Lead EKG, Fire Academy, etc.)
- Letter verifying that you have at least 5 months of EMT experience (sample letter)
- Any documents/letters verifying your teaching, leadership, or volunteer experiences.
- Be sure to talk to your 3 references before submitting their names so you are sure that they will be able and willing to provide a reference for you. Details are explained in the online application.
- When you are ready to submit your application, be able to pay the $50 application fee with a credit or debit card.
- Sign up for the entrance exam if you haven’t already taken the exam or signed up for it.
- Attend any of our Free Paramedic Program Student Information Sessions to learn how to be a great applicant, meet the faculty, learn about financing options, and more!