You chose your profession because you want to make a difference. Now you can make an even greater one by teaching your skills and knowledge to others who share the same values and passion. No matter what your specialty, we offer an incredible range of opportunities for an EMS Educator.
We are the UCLA Center for Prehospital Care, the leading emergency and prehospital academic center on the West Coast. We are committed to improving the practice of EMS and have consolidated prehospital education, research, and system development into one major academic center. Every day that we go to work, we teach people to save lives.
We offer part-time employment opportunities and limited full-time career positions. We have opportunities at every teaching level. A minimum of six months to one year of clinical experience is required for most part-time per diem Clinical Instructor positions. Teaching experience is preferred (but not required) for our entry-level clinical instructor positions. Our part-time per diem positions are flexible with convenient schedules that allow instructors to easily work around their other current commitments.
As instructors, our employees also have the opportunity to:
- maintain and enhance their current skill set or acquire new skills
- receive the latest information on current and new EMS education requirements
- help educate and train the students that will be part of the EMS workforce in the future, and
- by teaching others, improve their own clinical skills competency.
- continue their professional development by being sponsored to obtain and/or maintain ACLS, PALS, PHTLS and BLS provider and instructor certifications and to attend almost all of our other courses
Career employees also enjoy UCLA's outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance. Full-time employees are eligible for over 3 weeks combined of paid holiday and vacation days and a two-thirds UCLA tuition reduction program available after 6 months of continuous service.
To apply for any of our positions, please click the link for the position title below, and follow the instructions on the next page. For part-time per-diem positions, you will apply through UCLA's online application systems. For full-time positions, we may also request a resume and cover letter to our Human Resources manager.
Part-Time Per Diem Positions