Veteran's Assistance Benefits

Our Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and Paramedic Education courses are approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) to certify enrollment for eligible veterans for the GI Bill®.

As a veteran you must follow and meet the EMT and Paramedic courses established eligibility, enrollment, and tuition payment requirements. Please note that fee payments for students enrolling into the EMT and Paramedic courses are generally due prior to the start of the Program. The DVA pays eligible veterans their designated rate throughout their enrollment in the course. (For purposes of the VA, the EMT and Paramedic courses are considered clock-hour programs. The VA typically only reimburses students the cost of fees.)

If you have the Post-9/11 GI Bill, you may be able to sign up for a course using our GI Bill Student Enrollment Agreement if the VA will pre-pay your course.

If you are a veteran and are eligible to receive Veterans Benefits, please visit the DVA web site or call the DVA nationwide toll free number at 1-888-GI-Bill-1 (1-888-442-4551) for questions about eligibility, processing your benefits, obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility, etc.

Here is what you need to have in hand before setting up your appointment with UCLA Center for Prehospital Care Certifying School Official:

  1. Your current Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA.
    (You can call them to request one at 888-GI-BILL-1.)

  2. A copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy 4 showing your discharge status).

  3. Unofficial or official transcripts from any schools you attended after high school.

  4. The name and address of the last school where you used GI Bill (if you have used it before).

  5. If you paid into a “Kicker” program (i.e., if you paid extra funds into the GI Bill) you should bring that paperwork if you have it.

When you meet with our certifying official EMT students must pay a $100 fee to secure your seat in the program. This will be refunded when the VA pays in full.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at