- Dates & Application
- Course Details
- Online Paramedic Program
- Entrance Exam
- Eligibility & Preparation
- Costs & Scholarships
- Federal Financial Aid
- Guest Paramedic Lectures
- National Registry Skills Exam
- National Registry Skills Exam Preparation
- National Registry Skills Re-test
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS)
Complete Paramedic Refresher Course
Course fee: $350 • Nonrefundable: $50
This course meets the 30-hour national content requirement for renewing your National Registry certification, and provides an additional 18+ hours you may use to meet your state and local recertification requirements.Demonstrate your commitment to excellence by earning and/or keeping your National Registry card! This course meets the 48-hour core content requirement for National Registry recertification.
Our next course will be March 8-11 (Friday - Monday), plus three online lectures of your choice. Our online lectures will be offered on March 2, 5, 6, 12, 14, 16, & 17 (weeknights 7p-9p; weekends 8a-10a). (You may do more than three if you wish.)
Our course has an 8-year history of featuring professionals renowned in their respective fields. Some of our lecturers include:
- Dr. Heather Davis (UCLA Center for Prehospital Care/Paramedic Education Program)
- Sevan Gerard (Los Angeles Fire Department)
- Don Gerety (Long Beach Fire Department)
- Tony Melendez (Huntington Memorial Hospital ER)
- Inge Morton (Children's Hospital Los Angeles)
- Holly Nagatoshi (Pediatric ER Nurse)
- Dr. Daniel Nordby (Hennepin County Medical Center & UCLA Center for Prehospital Care)
- Ryan Trobaugh (Reach Air Medical Services)
- Brian Wheeler (UCLA Center for Prehospital Care/Paramedic Education Program)
Upon successful completion of the entire course you will earn a course completion certificate and 48 hours of instructor-led CEU credit for paramedics, registered nurses, and mobile intensive care nurses (MICNs).
A link to your brief pre-course homework will be emailed at least one week prior to the course start date. All materials are provided in class.
This course is held at:
UCLA Paramedic Education Program Campus
5220 Pacific Concourse Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045
A block of rooms has been reserved for our students at the nearby Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Hawthorne. To book at the group rate, please visit this page.
This course does not provide competencies in any skills area, nor does it provide a medical director's signature. To complete your NREMT-P re-registration, you will have to have your provider agency's medical director verify your competencies and sign your recertification form, or take our optional Paramedic National Registry Skills Exam Practice course for verification of your skill competencies if you are eligible.
There is a strict attendance policy for this course. In order to earn a course completion certificate for the full course, you must attend every hour of the course (no absences for full or partial days/hours are permitted).
Please review the Frequently Asked Questions for additional course information.