- Dates & Application
- Course Details
- Online Paramedic Program
- Entrance Exam
- Eligibility & Preparation
- Take us for a test drive!
- Costs & Scholarships
- Federal Financial Aid
- National Registry Skills Exam
- National Registry Skills Exam Preparation
- National Registry Skills Re-test
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS)
Complete Paramedic Refresher Course
Course fee: $350 • Nonrefundable: $50
Paramedics seeking to maintain their skills and certification for National Registry must also complete 48 hours of continuing education in specific subject areas every two years. Demonstrate your commitment to excellence by earning and/or keeping your National Registry card! This course meets the 48-hour core content requirement for National Registry recertification.
Our next course will be March 8-11 (Friday - Monday), with details to be announced.
Our course has an 8-year history of featuring professionals renowned in their respective fields. Some of our lecturers include:
- Dr. Baxter Larmon (UCLA Center for Prehospital Care)
- Dr. Heather Davis (UCLA Center for Prehospital Care/Paramedic Education Program)
- Brian Wheeler (UCLA Center for Prehospital Care/Paramedic Education Program)
- John Kades (L.A. County Coroner)
- Elaine Rojas (Grossman Burn Center)
- Inge Morton (Children's Hospital Los Angeles)
- Aaron Korth (LAPD Human Trafficking Division)
- Eric Lane (Hawthorn Police Department)
- Jeff Pollakoff (UCLA EMT Program Director)
- Michelle Torres (UCLA ACLS/PALS Coordinator)
- Don Gerety (Long Beach Fire Department)
Upon successful completion of the entire course you will earn a course completion certificate and 48 hours of instructor-led CEU credit for paramedics, registered nurses, and mobile intensive care nurses (MICNs).
A link to your brief pre-course homework will be emailed at least one week prior to the course start date. All materials are provided in class.
This course is held at:
UCLA Paramedic Education Program Campus
5220 Pacific Concourse Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045
A block of rooms will be reserved for our students at a nearby hotel to be announced.
This course does not provide competencies in any skills area, nor does it provide a medical director's signature. To complete your NREMT-P re-registration, you will have to have your provider agency's medical director verify your competencies and sign your recertification form, or take our optional Paramedic National Registry Skills Exam Practice course for verification of your skill competencies if you are eligible.
There is a strict attendance policy for this course. In order to earn a course completion certificate for the full course, you must attend every hour of the course (no absences for full or partial days/hours are permitted).
The Course FAQ document answers other questions about course content, schedule, requirements, parking, etc.