Available course dates
Course fee: $195 • Nonrefundable: $50
Thousands of patients suffer from STEMI (ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction) each year, many of whom do not get the necessary proper treatment in a timely manner. This comprehensive 2-day course focuses on the early recognition of STEMI, its pathophysiology, and treatment. The course also focuses on 12-lead EKG application and interpretation, and includes a hands-on skills session on proper lead placement.
Students will be required to take and pass an on-line assessment test prior to registering for the course.
If you successfully complete the course you can 14 hours of instructor-led CEUs and 6 hours of non-instructor-led CEUs for nurses, paramedics, and EMTs with previous EKG knowledge. A course completion certificate will also be provided.
Students will be required to take and pass an on-line assessment test prior to registering for the course. Once you have taken the test and passed with a minimum of 80%, you can register online via this UCLA website. You will have two opportunities to pass the exam with an 80%. If the exam is not completed within these two attempts, you must wait 14 days before taking the exam again.
To complete the required on-line assessment test PRIOR to registering for the course please follow these steps:
- Visit http://ucla.jbcourse.com/
- Under the heading "Is this your first time accessing JBCourse Manager?" click "Create new account”
- Enter valid information in the text fields from the account creation page, including the image based password and click "Create my new account"
You will receive an email confirming your registration from "JB Administrator"
- If you do not receive this email within 30 minutes, please check your SPAM and JUNK folders.
- If you've still not received it, please contact the Jones & Bartlett Technical Support by submitting a report to: http://support.jblearning.com (copy and paste into a browser if the link doesn't work)
- Once you receive it, click the hyperlink in that email to confirm your registration, and log in to your course site at: http://ucla.jbcourse.com/
- You will be directed to the home page of the J&B site.
- Locate your course, STEMI, from the list of available courses. Click on STEMI.
- You will be asked for an enrollment key. Type UCLASTEMI (all one word, all caps), in the appropriate field, and click GO.
- If asked to confirm whether or not you’d like to enroll in the course, click YES.
- Click on pretest and begin the exam.
- AFTER you successfully pass the exam with an 80% minimum score, you may enroll into one of our available STEMI/12-Lead EKG courses.
Your test scores are automatically sent to the course coordinator.
NOTE: All users outside of the Eastern Time Zone MUST click the PROFILE link in the Administration Block, click EDIT PROFILE, and select their specific time-zone (Select the city closest to you, for example, Los Angeles).
There are no required textbooks for the course. The optional American Heart Association STEMI/12-Lead EKG textbook is available for purchase through the suggested vendor, EmergencyStuff.com.
Eligible EMTs who successfully complete the STEMI/12-Lead EKG course can submit a copy of their course completion certificate as part of their application to the UCLA-Daniel Freeman Paramedic Program.